Thursday, October 13, 2011

This Memory is Today

I've been going through a lot of ups and downs lately. I decided a week and a half ago that I was going to brave, braver than I already am. Because of my bold nature you might think I'm a brave soul, but since I've stopped creating I've been slowly deteriorating. Not taking any steps forward towards your destiny makes you more and more scared of the world. It's like I've been walking backwards when I was being told by everyone else that I'm moving forward.

What is your destiny? Sometimes looking at your childhood is what will help bring you forward. My childhood was filled with many productions I directed, many businesses I created, and many performances performed. Every time I take a detour of my path (which has been quite often lately) I get more frustrated with myself for not sticking to it. The possibility of other lives distract me and interest me, maybe even seem to be approved more by people I love. But when I turn around and go back, I know which one is my path and decide to either go back to it, or just try yet another. I don't think I'm going to follow another again.
I'm following my path, not anyone else's. This path comes with emotion, laughter, creation, risks, and helping others. It's a path that leads me to ultimate fulfillment. So why have I been so scared? Because getting older is scary. Becoming a adult is not easy. Yet losing that inner child wonder and curiosity is easy. What's not easy, is getting it back. So I'm committing today to holding onto it harder than I've ever held.
I'm brave. I'm bold. I'm not afraid of my own thoughts. I will be successful. I will create. I will be me. I will love my path because it's a path meant for me. And I thank god for Hector's path merging with mine because its a beautiful road we have together, assisting one another towards our destiny. The sun's out, there are trees, and a breeze and we are holding hands.
Keep walking and don't worry about taking a look behind you to remind you of where you came from and where you've always wanted to go. Love your life and live it the way you always have imagined because it's your path. Keep dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment